Monday, September 22, 2014

Call for New Admins on the Blog

As a working teacher, it's not the easiest thing to continue checking this blog and keeping up. Also, to be honest, it's not easy to sign on and read nasty comments. The blog is updated by teachers who quit the school or are fired more recently, but I personally am a few generations out, as I have been very open about on the blog.

Instead of calling for more posts or stories, I'm calling for more admins. People who will help post and run the blog. They can write their own experiences or moderate comments. I will not stop you from writing whatever you'd like, as long as your goal is like mine: To bring about change at JPA for the better, which first and foremost means the removal of Steve McCambridge as head of school. I'd like to include Jeanette Dibella in the mix, but first things first.

Send me a PM. I'd love to work with you.

Oh, here are a few comments you may have missed from more recent teachers, 2014, that wrote comments on previous posts.

I'm a former employee of JPA and I'm not keen on sharing my story as it may be used against me in the future. Skeptical readers, I can attest to most of this information. Request transparency from the people interviewing you. Verify the information presented in the blog. Request to see numbers for staff turnover. Take any vague responses or refusal to share information as the first. And remember that the face of JPA is a dogsbody just carrying orders. Good luck. You will need it. 

I am one of the teachers that left after only 5 months - In 15 years of teaching I have never experienced anything like JPA, everything in this blog is correct. I wasted thousands of dollars setting myself up in Cambodia only to exist in a perpetual state of fear of being fired for not teaching a model that was never explained. Most importantly Steve McCambridge definitely demonstrated sociopathic tendencies to the detriment of the amazing beautiful students whom I wish I had the strength to stay for. One model of teaching does not fit all and never will although anyone with actual teaching experience would consider this common sense. Do not even consider working at JPA until they have hired administrators with prior international educational experience - and actual teaching qualifications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment