Thursday, July 4, 2013

Gotta start over

Jeanette has had my blogs shut down. I was being a little cheeky and used her name for the URL. She was not happy... If you google her name or her schools, my blog no longer shows up on the first page because she has created a deluge of blogs that advertise the schools with the same old descriptions. She even got reappointed as the CEO of JPA... to make it onto Yahoo News? So the Pritzkers can show Jeanette they will double down again on her leadership? I am not sure. Anyway, I feel flattered. Thanks Jeanette, for making me feel important!

Some former employees are writing me, telling me to "move on." You have to understand, it's not a matter of moving on. I'm not on this blog very often, and the most hits I get are from Jeanette and Steve, and those who work in leadership under them. In fact, I haven't been on for three weeks since I've been so busy at work. (During these three weeks, Jeanette had me shut down.) The reason I keep this blog is because of something Steve McCambridge used to say: We have a moral responsibility to JPA. Yes, that's true, although I think I interpreted his words differently. I need to warn teachers to stay away until the Pritzkers decide to make some real changes. They treat teachers like disposable labor, and they treat students like experiments. Until I hear of documented changes, I will keep writing.

Some readers tell me that I sound disgruntled. I would like to tell them that I am definitely disgruntled, and you would be also if you experienced what my colleagues and I did. Word on the street is, JPA had close to 100% turnover of expat teachers for the 2012-13 school year. Four teachers were fired or quit mid-year in 2012. I know of two students who were pushed out by Steve. They are planning to cut students dramatically.

Other readers are writing to offer me their stories. Happy to receive them and print them on this blog.

Note to Jeanette or Steve: If you have documented proof that you no longer do some of the things I've delineated on this blog, please contact me. If you want to discuss the points I've made and not send Jenn Sullivan to spout talking points about the school while mistakenly accusing a former teacher for writing this blog, please contact me. Really. The best way for me to get rid of this blog is to make changes, to be more ethical, to see how race factors into your schools with a critical lens, to care about the students and teachers more than your legacies. 

It has changed from www.jeanettedibella.wordpress.com to this one. I like blogger better anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment